In addition to assisting businesses with their immigration needs we also we assist families and individuals. Our lawyers provide a broad range of immigration services, including the following:
- Visas for employees filling specialty occupations – H-1B
- Visas for employees in intercompany transfers in management or skilled worker positions – L-1A and L-1B
- Multinational Managers and Executives – Form I-140
- Employment based and family based permanent resident status (“green card”)
- Visas for aliens with extraordinary talents – O-1 (non-permanent immigrant status)
- Visas for aliens with extraordinary talents – EB-1B (permanent immigrant status)
- Completion of Form 1-9 requirements for new hires
- Family related – IR, F, K1/K3
- Adjustment of status
- Audits by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
When considering immigration, careful planning is essential. Status, qualifications, criteria and availability of the visa must all be considered. It is not just a matter of completing and filing the right “form.” And in some cases, it may be desirable to engage consular processing at a U.S. consulate abroad.
Our lawyers also advise clients on frequently changing policies of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor and the State Department. A review of new developments can avoid unnecessary delays and costs. And when an appropriate visa is not readily available, alternative plans should be examined.
At Carlile Patchen & Murphy, our goal is to achieve the immigration goal of our clients in a seamless process.